Several Tempe streets will be closed or restricted Nov. 15 through Nov. 17 for the 5K and Kids Race and Ironman Triathlon.
The following street restrictions and closures have been identified. However others could be put in place to address public safety concerns that arise during the event. The information provided by the City of Tempe is for public information purposes only. All restrictions/closures are based on preliminary assessments and can be increased or decreased in scope without notice.
The following street will be closed Thursday Nov. 14 from 6 a.m. until approximately 12 p.m. Monday Nov. 18.
• Rio Salado Parkway from Mill to Ash will be closed from Thursday Nov. 16 from 6am to 12pm Monday Nov. 18. Rio Salado Parkway from Mill to Ash will be closed for set-up of the Ironman Triathlon. Avoid this area, use 5th street.
The following streets will be restricted or closed Saturday Nov. 16 from 6 a.m. until approximately 12 p.m.
• Rio Salado Parkway from Mill to Hardy will be closed from 6am to 12pm. Use 5th Street to Priest.
The following streets will be restricted or closed Sunday Nov. 17 from 6 a.m. until approximately 6 p.m. To avoid road closures, you are advised to take the following routes:
• From the West, use the AZ143 South to University east to campus.
• From the North use the 101, Exit University, west to campus.
List of Street closures:
• Rio Salado Parkway will be restricted to one lane eastbound between Mill Avenue and McClintock Drive. All traffic at intersecting streets and driveways will be required to turn right. No lefts or through movements will be permitted along this stretch of Rio Salado Parkway.
• Rio Salado Parkway will be closed westbound between McClintock Drive and Mill Avenue. All westbound traffic (east of McClintock Drive) must turn left onto southbound McClintock Drive. Limited access will be granted to local residents between Rural Road and Mill Avenue (from southbound Rural Road only).
• Priest Drive will be restricted to two lanes northbound between Rio Salado Parkway and the SR202L eastbound on-ramp.
• Mill Avenue will be closed southbound between Washington Street/Curry Road and 2nd Street.
• Mill Avenue northbound will be closed at 2nd Street (access to businesses maintained).
• Scottsdale Road southbound will be closed at the SR202L. Local access will be provided to area businesses and residents south of the SR202L.
• Rural Road northbound will be closed at Rio Salado Parkway. All northbound traffic must turn right onto eastbound Rio Salado Parkway.
• McClintock Drive will be closed in both directions between Rio Salado Parkway and the SR202L on/off-ramps. North of the SR202L on/off-ramps, traffic will be restricted to one lane northbound. All southbound traffic that does not turn right onto eastbound Curry Road will be forced onto westbound SR202L.
• All traffic exiting the SR202L at Scottsdale Road will be required to turn northbound onto Scottsdale Road. Local access will be provided to area businesses and residents south of the SR202L.
• All traffic exiting eastbound on the SR202L at McClintock Drive will be required to turn northbound onto McClintock Drive.